Inmarsat FleetBroadband, introduced in 2008, is an easy-to-use solution which provides seamless cost-effective broadband connectivity on all oceans. The system provides broadband data- and voice communication simultaneously through a compact antenna on a global basis. This solution is based on 3G standards and it offers standard- and streaming IP till 432 kbps using Inmarsat’s I4 satellites.
- Standard IP - email, internet & intranet access and remote maintenance (till 432 kbps)
- Streaming IP - up to 256 kbps for video and audio applications (guaranteed)
- Voice – high quality for crew calling
- ISDN – supports at 64 kbps for legacy applications
- SMS – 160 characters text messages
- Global coverage, except for the Polar regions